Many usefull Information about Georgius Zrunek has collected his american fan Aaron Giles, who also significantly supported the creation of this Album. On his page he writes about his motivation:
In 2009, I found a copy of Musica Bohemica’s Christmas Mass & Carols in the $1 CD bin and immediately fell in love with its (to me) eclectic mix of the Latin mass and native Slovak.
In attempting to find out more about it, I soon discovered how little information was out there about this work and its true composer, Georgius Zrunek.
This site is an attempt to share everything I have found and shed more light on his music.
Do not overlook:
- zrunek.info (Works and Brief Biography)
- Biography with a map of locations connected with Zrunek
- Missa 1. pro festis Natalitiis (Scores, Recordings, Other Performances)
- Complete text of Missa 1 including translations
- Information about the recordings of this mass:
- Pavlica & Zrunek: Pastoral masses (Brno Chamber Orchestra, Ars Brunensis Chorus, Hradišťan)
- E. Pascha: Christmas Mass, Christmas Carols (Musica Bohemica)
- Edmund Pascha: Christmas Mass / Carols (Prague Madrigal Singers)
- The Christmas Album (Taverner Consort, Choir & Players) - Gloria only
- P. Georgius Zrunek: Missa I. pro festis Natalitiis (Camerata Bratislava Choir & Players)